Cheat Map Editor
Allows changing terrain type, features, improvements, roads, and resources in-game.
Accessible via a new button in the top right corner of the window near the Civilopedia button.
Works with GS R&F and vanilla.
Steam has a limit on the text length on the mod description so I’ve moved the Notes and FAQ section to the mod discussion tab.
The problem with crashes is that they happen on some turn later in-game and it is not possible to continue the game because it will repeat on that turn no matter what you do. The only way is to load the save game made before the problematic change was done but the crash may happen 400+ turns later and you literally can lose all progress.
Mod uses game testing and map generation functions to make map changes. These functions are used by the game on the map generation stage before the game starts. The game was not designed to use these functions in mid-game after the players and AI appears on the map and this is the main reason for the crashes. It was not changed with the mod updates and if you start to get crashes after some mod update it does not related to this update in 99% of the cases it just your game went to the stage where the significant map updates are not safe anymore.
In general, it is pretty safe to make changes early in-game on the first turn (except the impassable-to-passable and water to lands and vice versa).
So now I’m running long tests to find the functions which might cause the crashes. The current test results are listed bellow.
All test was made with default resources/features/improvements/natural wonders with Crash safe and Safe mode checkboxes turned on. There still may be a risk of crashes when changing modded resources/features/improvements/natural wonders.
Safe functions (minimal risk, no crashes on test games played up to turn 500)
* Add water tile (create lakes, oceans)
* Add/Remove Natural Wonders (may need to change terrain type on the tile where the impassable wonder was to make tile passable after wonder removal)
* Add/Remove features (passable)
* Add/Remove resources (in test game new resources was added every 50-80 turns)
* Remove improvements (in test game almost all improvements on the map was removed on turns 206 and after that once more on turn 350)
* Add/Remove cliffs (in test game many cliffs was added on turn 4; on next game all cliffs was removed on turn 86)
* Add rivers (in test game many rivers was added on turn 110 on not owned and AI owned tiles around the cities)
* Change tile owner (huge changes was done on first turn, 120 turn and 200+ turn)
Safe functions (low risk, no crashes on test games played 20-50 turns)
* Change terrain type/add hills
* Add improvements
* Add/Remove roads
Unsafe functions (risky, no crashes on test games played 2-6 turns)
* Add/Change/Remove coastal flood level
Unsafe functions (very high risk of crashes)
* Fix game data if Crash safe mode checkbox disabled (crash later in game on AI turns after 1-400+ turns)
* Remove water tile (crash when settled on such terrain if not Fix game data, it seems that AI do not settle on such terrain so it may be safe to use in some cases)
* Add/remove mountains (crash when settled on such terrain if not Fix game data)
* Remove river (crash when unit moves into the tile where the river was)
Available on Nexus Mods https://www.nexusmods.com/civilisationvi/mods/89/