Ammo and Vest Slots [WOTC]
– Extra Ammo slot (can be disabled from ini)
– Extra Utility Slot (can be disabled / number can be increased via ini, not for SPARKs)
– XCOM Shirt Item which grants +5 Dodgel bonus to user (bonus can be changed / can be disabled via ini)
– Building Experimental Armor now requires one Nanofiber Vest to be built (can be disabled via ini)
This version is for the War of the Chosen DLC version. I do not recommend using this with Vanilla XCOM 2.
Does not add extra utility slots to faction soldiers, special soldiers or SPARKS. Does add ammo slots for all of these.
My motivation for doing this mod was that I finished the game as Legend / Ironman and it turned out that I really didn’t use more than one ammo and vest item during the whole game play. As I think that they’re pretty great items over all, I wanted to create a mod which would allow me to use them more.
Strategy game balance will be slightly tweaked as Nanofiber Vest has been set as a requirement for Experimental Armor (bigger impact as it’s more expensive).
Tactical game balance has not been tweaked at all, the extra slots will make combat easier and so it is recommended that if you want to have more balanced experience, install a mod that directly adds difficulty to the tactical game, ie. Increased Enemy Squad Size etc
High Quality Rounds, adds early game ammo so you have something to add on those slots
Mod Configuration Menu (MCM) for easier configuration
For mod conflicts, check out the pinned discussion down below. Please report and discuss any conflict issues there so it’s easier to find them after a while.
Configurable from XComAmmoAndVestSlotsWOTC.ini (found in mod installation folder):
– disable nanofiber vest build requirement. Change ExperimentalVestReq = 1 line to ExperimentalVestReq = 0
– remove specific ammo slot by changing HAS_AMMO_POCKET from 1 to 0 (can be done via MCM).
– remove one extra utility slot shown in squad selection by changing HAS_VEST_SLOT from 1 to 0.
– After removing your old vest items, you can now remove the deprecated vest items button by changing SHOW_VEST_BTN from 1 to 0.
– Choose your icon colors from available options in the ini. Check the ini for available options.
– Remove XCOM T-Shirt.
– Add dummy vest slot icon for those who do not want to use the T-Shirt.
Configurable via XcomGameData_CharaterStats.ini:
– Amount of utility slots each soldier type has (xcom and different factions)
– Utility items will change position when replaced in inventory, except for the first slot.
– After WOTC update the mod internal name was changed from AmmoandVestSlotsV2 to AmmoandVestSlotsWOTC. This will cause an error when loading a save game if you had this mod installed right away, but it should be fine to just ignore and will clear up after a fresh campaign start.
This mod could not be done without all the examples and code snippets around in forums and reddits. Thanks for everyone who shares information. 🙂
Credits: Design of icons – Zyxpsilon, check out his qUIck ui icon set mods in games workshop http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033406473/myworkshopfiles/
Sometimes extra utility slot(s) get "stuck" and do not show up. Swapping armor should fix it.
If you have issues with the mod not working properly or at all, please check out my guide first: