[WOTC] Pipe Bombs
Adds Pipe Bombs from my Duke Nukem mod as a standalone "grenade", usable by XCOM soldiers.
- Pipe Bombs can be equipped in grenade-only slots and will respond to most grenade-related perks, but they cannot be launched with a Grenade Launcher, intentionally.
- By default, throwing a Pipe Bomb costs one action and doesn’t end turn, and detonating it is a free action.
- You can throw several Pipe Bombs and then detonate all of them at the same time.
- Throwing a Pipe Bomb doesn’t break concealment, but detonating them does.
- Unlike Reapers’ Claymores, Pipe Bombs are not detonated by other explosives.
None. Safe to add mid-campaign.
The mod is configurable through:
I see three main ways you can configure the mod to change the process of acquiring Pipe Bombs:
1) Default behavior: Pipe Bombs are available from the start of the campaign in infinite quantities.
2) Pipe Bombs are built one at a time with Experimental Grenade project in Proving Grounds.
In both cases Pipe Bombs are upgraded by Advanced Grenades -> Nuclear Warfare ([WoTC]Tier III Grenades) projects in Proving Grounds, or any other squad upgrade you want to specify.
3) Build Pipe Bombs in Engineering one at a time. Specified Research or Proving Grounds projects allow to build advanced versions. Specified squad upgrades or Proving Grounds projects can upgrade already purchased Pipe Bombs.
Should be compatible with almost anything.
You can use this mod alongside the Duke Class & Character mod itself, they’re independent.
None so far, but since the process of acquiring Pipe Bombs is so configurable, it’s not very well tested, so be on the lookout for any issues on that front.
Uses a lot of code from Musashi’s WotC Tactical X4 mod, so thanks for that.
If you’d like me to make the mod more configurable, please first consider supporting me on patreon so I can afford the time to do it.