[WotC] Gene Mods
PCSes are the lame versions of Gene mods, so I decided to make a mod that allows a soldier to undergo Genetic Modification. In addition to that, modders can quickly make their own Gene mods that this mod recognizes.
This mod adds a new upgrade to the Infirmary (Advanced Warfare Center): the Gene Modification Chamber. This should not conflict with other mods that require the Hypervital Chamber upgrade to do their own thing, however, we edited the map and made the previous Hypervitalization Chamber assets to appear when you have the Gene Modification Upgrade facility upgrade installed.
To get a soldier to undergo Genetic Modification, you install the Infirmary Facility upgrade, available after you research Alien Biotech. Then follow these steps:
- You assign whomever you want to the facility slot. They must be healthy/active.
- You then get a screen with all of the available Gene Mods. Select one and hit the green button or, if on controller, the A button.
- You’ll get a prompt. Select Accept or back.
- The magic will then happen. Soldiers are unavailable during the duration, and canceling the project will waste resources and give the soldier a negative trait that can be removed either by completing a Gene Mod project or using the Infirmary to remove the trait.
This mod is fully compatible with the Augmentation mod by Musashi. You can control the interactions with two new Second Wave Options.
If you are thinking of downvoting this mod, please provide feedback first, so I know what I should improve on/did wrong.
So I have quite a bit of people saying they want to donate, so here’s my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/E3245
I will link my Patreon for ORIGINAL mods, like this one, and not ports. I won’t put my mods behind a paywall and I won’t montenize my mods.
Iridar helped me a lot with this mod, so here’s his Patreon if you feel like donating to him: https://www.patreon.com/Iridar
- New Infirmary facility upgrade that allows soldiers to undergo Genetic Modification!
- Several new Gene Mods made from scratch!
- Custom UI screen built from scratch.
- When you begin a Gene Mod operation, the soldiers status is blank. This is because this feature is not released in the stable highlander yet and Detailed Soldier List doesn’t support that feature.
- Fix some bugs, if any.
- More Gene Mods, if possible.
- MEC Troopers support.
- [WotC] Infirmaria Ex Mortis
- Augmentations for WotC.
- There are no overrides in this mod that would cause a conflict with other mods.
- If unsure, read the description of the other mods or pray, whichever is easier.
Q: Does this work with a current save?
A: Yes, it should work out of the box.
Q: How do I add my own Gene Mods?
Q: Where is the rest of the classic Gene Mods? I want the classic Gene Mods!
A: Mitzruti Perk Pack for WotC.
Q: I want MOAR!
Q: Vanilla version?
A: Not really, no.
- E3245 for assembling the entire mod, and coding most of everything.
- Iridar for helping me with the new Gene Mod abilities and Augmentation/MEC Troopers support.
- PZ for her Psionic Training mod. Without this mod, I would not been able to do this correctly.
- Oni for her Laboratory Already Better mod. I would not have found those particular UI elements that are now used in the custom UI screen, and for code that makes Gene Modding statuses appear in the Events.
- robojumper, Xymanek / Astral Descend, and others for helping me with troubleshooting and additional code snippets.
- Surefire for the sweet thumbnail.
Release ver: 1.021:
- Removed redscreen and log spam.
- Fixed Secondary Heart glitching out if soldier dies to Overwatch.
- Fixed Berzerker Genes granting infinite turn actions on Duke, Brawler, and potentially other classes.
These DLC should be installed in order to use this item.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen