[WotC] Mission Overhaul – Core
This mod makes some small changes or fixes while keeping the original experience that Firaxis intended. This verison, Core, contains fixes for certain missions and contains a new subsystem that will be required for future mission packs and the mission overhaul that I’ll do. Read futher on for the detailed list of fixes and changes that this mod will cover.
One important notice: This changes the behavior of the infamous Protect the Device mission, so it’s a lot less frustrating to play.
If you are thinking of downvoting this mod, please provide feedback first, so I know what I should improve on/did wrong.
So I have quite a bit of people saying they want to donate, so here’s my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/E3245
I will link my Patreon for ORIGINAL mods, like this one, and not ports. I won’t put my mods behind a paywall and I won’t montenize my mods.
- Increased XCom spawn points to a radius of 3 (~27 tiles) instead of 1 (9 tiles). Stops the bug where XCom is spawned in the middle of the AO. Useful for players that run more than 7 soldiers at a time or want more breathing room for soldiers at mission start.
- Stealth Logic Track: If enabled, stops objectives from revealing your squad, force drop reinforcements, or enemies convering on XCom’s centerpoint, unless a soldier or the squad gets revealed.
- Disable LOP Intercept: If enabled, stops LOP Intercept mechanics. NOTE: Might make the game too easy.
- Beaglerush House Rules logic: Only for custom missions that require it. NOTE: This is not implemented on any changed mission in this pack!
- Evac Zone fix. This fixes the bug where the sound lingers even after destruction.
- Ability to disable Cinematics even if Zip mode is disabled.
- Instead of a static spawn, XCom will be able to place a Evac point BEFORE grabbing the vial. After the vial is obtained, the Evac zone is preplaced at its original location. Watch this video if you’re curious of why this feature was requested.
- Grab Vial cutscene is no longer restricted to regular soldiers, Reapers, Templars, and SPARKs. Allies Unknown soldiers or other custom characters who have the ability to grab the vial are now supported.
- Stealth Logic Track support.
PROTECT THE DEVICE \
- Enemies will not intercept the data tap on mission start. Instead enemies will patrol the zone as normal.
- If the squad sees the data tap before getting revealed, ADVENT will then seek and destroy the data tap. If soldiers are revealed first but not in combat, ADVENT will converge on XCom instead.
BROADCAST THE TRUTH
RECOVER FLIGHT DEVICE
DESTROY PSI TRANSMITTER
- Stealth Logic Track support.
- None so far.
- Fix some bugs, if any.
- Tertiary team support (Bandits, Chaos Legion, SCP, etc)
- The Mission Overhaul packs.
- It should work right out of the box, regardless of your mod setup.
Q: Can you change X part of this mission?
A: Sorry, but this mod goal is to fix either minor gameplay issues or bugs while keeping the spirit of the mission. This is for those that don’t want to change very much about WotC.
Q: What is this mission overhaul that you mentioned?
A: Coming soon!
Q: Is it safe to add this mod in the middle of a campaign?
A: Yes! You can add it mid campaign with little to no issues. Do not however, enable it during a tactical mission, as that could cause unexpected bugs, not limited to a CTD!
Q: Vanilla version?
A: Not really, no.
- E3245 for editing the mission logic for the missions listed above in features.
Release ver: 1.001:
- Fixed a bug where the Relays never spawned in the mission.