[WotC] Mission Overhaul: Mercury
This mod makes some dramatic changes to four missions: Protect the Device, Extract VIP, Neutralize Target, and Rescue VIP. See the features below for more information.
Mission Overhaul – Core is REQUIRED as this mod uses logic from the universal subsystems that are contained in that mod.
If you are thinking of downvoting this mod, please provide feedback first, so I know what I should improve on/did wrong.
So I have quite a bit of people saying they want to donate, so here’s my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/E3245
I will link my Patreon for ORIGINAL mods, like this one, and not ports. I won’t put my mods behind a paywall and I won’t montenize my mods.
PROTECT THE DEVICE \
- Mission is now wave defense.
- Introducing a new feature to the mission: TurretFall Sitrep. If you built the Defense Matrix, you can skydrop a turret to a location. You only have two charges for the whole squad (4 if you bought the facility upgrade), so make them count!
- You have 5 turns to prepare defenses against the onslaught of Alien and ADVENT reinforcements dropping in.
- After 5 turns, you must defend the device for 5/7/8/9 turns [Rookie, Veteran, Commander, Legend, respectively] while more reinforcements drop in the vicinity of the device.
- After the device is finished, you can either leave or sweep the area of hostiles to finish the mission.
- The number of reinforcements drop is 2 on the next turn, and 1 more on the turn after. If the max number of units in the field is more than 5, then the reinforcements stop dropping.
RESCUE VIP \
- Timers are no longer hard-timers, meaning that if the clock hits 0, you don’t lose the mission!
- At 0, infinite reinforcements will drop near the Evac zone and attempt to kill you or the VIP.
- Occasionally there will be a lull in their reinforcements, allowing you to escape. Failure to escape will make even more reinforcements appear.
- None so far.
- Fix some bugs, if any.
- The Mission Overhaul packs.
- It should work right out of the box, regardless of your mod setup.
Q: I hate this part of mission where X. I demand you change it!
A: Sorry, but this mission stays. I’m not rewriting the entire mission since it takes forever to do.
Q: What is this mission overhaul that you mentioned?
A: Coming soon!
Q: Is it safe to add this mod in the middle of a campaign?
A: Yes! You can add it mid campaign with little to no issues. Do not however, enable it during a tactical mission, as that could cause unexpected bugs, not limited to a CTD!
Q: Vanilla version?
A: Not really, no.
- E3245 for editing the mission logic for the missions listed above in features.
- Iridar for implementing the Turret Drop ability + visualization.
- Numralan, of the Deployable Turrets mod, for inspiration for TurretFall.
Release ver: 1.016:
- Fixed a bug where the Counter Ops sitrep would appear on other missions.
These DLC should be installed in order to use this item.
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen