642 Dark Ages – Rise or Fall of Islam – Complete new Map
Attention Please! I thought about changing this 642 Modmap settings from Public to Friends Only. After the first 22 days, the mod had 14 awards, 2,720 subscribers, but only 151 Likes (Thumps Ups). That was not even 6% of the subscribers. After a year of hard work, up to 15 hours daily, this was extremely frustrating.
Please, if you use the 642 Modmap, then give a like and please also for all other mods you use!
AD642 – the whole world in crunch. The Arabs overran Palestine, Syria, Egypt and Mesopotamia and advanced to the Persian highlands. The showdown there is imminent. The Byzantine Empire, led by the 12-year-old child emperor Constans II, is on the edge of a catastrophe. The tribes are becoming renitent throughout Africa. The Avars rage in the Balkans and in Italy the Langobards are out for revenge. Furthermore Turk tribes threaten the empire. The Persians are also in a two-front war and lost areas in the north to the Göktürk Khaganate. After the death of King Dagobert, the Franconian Empire was divided into 3 allied realms, two are run by children. The Slavians have their first realm, Sámová Riše, and the Thuringians are insurgent. In Britain everyone fights everyone as usual.
642 Dark Ages is a new gaming experience based on Attila mechanics with (as far as researchable) historically correct alliances, family trees, town names and many factions and units are named in original languages.
– Play only Grand Campaign (642 Dark Ages)!
– This is still an Alpha Version but all mechanics should run well!
– To play MP Campaign you have to disable the Supply System (Script), so switch to 642 – Multiplayer Version, this is safegame compatible.
– 642 Mod collection: Please use only the 642 Recommended Mods and graphical stuff as reskins.
– Included Mods: Here is the list of the in 642 Included Mods as the Standalone Supply System of mementomori420 (Thanks a lot!) and many more. The 642 settings are different"
– Up to 42 playable factions; click here for the: Full Faction List & Hints
– To play with (modern) English faction names try this Faction Rename Mod (not made by me, Rashidun included)
– Islam, Baltic Religion, Dark Cults
– Custom battles are playable
– The variety of factions depends on the DLC you have, but even with only the basic game you have a great choice.
– Many buildings are new ballanced and have new features. Please check careful after starting a campaign or if you conquer a building of a different culture.
– In principle, 642 Dark Ages is a complete Attila Overhaul. Many known Vanilla bugs have been fixed. Smaller bugs are still possible. If e.g. an old text appears, please take a screenshot. Any bugs or what seems illogical, please report in the 642 Bug Report!
– I need help of other more experienced Map Makers, here is the To do List.
Have fun and please a Thumps Up!
Credits and special thanks to:
David – for the Idea of 642, making some Frontend Leaders, Moorish Levy & testing
gyrovolies – for testing
manatwar83 – for testing
DETrooper – for the faction cutscene removal
TheOneWhoKnocks – for household advice
littleShepherd – for advice and finding the Supply Script
Athanasios95gr – for advice in household scripting, and allowance to put his mod stuff in
wibblywobblywonder – for the great logo, the frontend minimaps and some more graphical work, also for advice!
maksk – for the awesome Vanilla unit card fixes!
The workshops of David, DETrooper, TheOneWhoKnocks, littleShepherd, Athanasios95gr, wibblywobblywonder & maksk are linked.